Credit Risk Management Analyst
Credit Risk Management AnalystUS Citizen
An Analyst with a blend of analytical and business skills. Working knowledge of Data Analysis, Financial Analysis and Statistical Analysis/Reporting. Over 10 years of work experience in Banking/Financial Services, Benefits Administration, Consulting, Nonprofits. Key strengths in creativity, attention to detail, project/process management. Recent MBA graduate with a strong course emphasis in Finance & Data Analysis courses which includes:
Marketing Strategy & Market Analytics
Financial Risk Management
Data Analysis & Models
EDUCATION MBA: Finance
BBA: Business Administration
Financial Services 2011 - Present
Credit Risk Management Analyst II - Consultant/Contractor
- Perform Data Quality Analysis on Commercial Credit Data to ensure that the Credit Risk Models are accurate.
- Perform the Hedge Limit Strategy Calculations to ensure that the appropriate risk hedges are in place according to the risk management policies of the bank.
- Analyze and recommend process improvement strategies that will help increase the quality of data and test process enhancements.
- Assist in creating managerial credit risk reports and research for departmental mangers and stakeholders.
Financial Services 2009 - 2011
Operational Risk Analyst
- Managed the Internal Controls Violation Escalation Process of the company in a challenging fast paced environment in collaboration with other Business Divisions, Internal Audit, and Risk Management and ensured continuity of operations.
- Performed the Business Process Reengineering Process to streamline the process to increase the violation processing speed by 20%.
- Validated reported violations, assessed risks and derived strategies to mitigate the risks. Generated the weekly violation reports for key stakeholders to monitor and control the risk impact of violations to the organization.
- Resolved financial and non-financial internal control issues on a timely manner in order to maintain day-to-day critical operations are functioning correctly.
- Actively participated in risk-based projects such as Security Risk Assessments, and controls testing to ensure that other risk-based initiatives within the company are valid and operational.
Foundation 2008 - 2009
Data/ Business Analyst
- Created weekly financial and donor reports for the marketing department to periodically monitor fundraising efforts in relation to the monthly budgets and expenses.
- Analyzed individual chapter budgets and provided updated analysis on the ongoing fundraising initiatives using benchmarking techniques. Aided in the future budgeting by recommending performance-based recommendations of past fundraising initiatives.
- Monitored and analyzed revenue inflow and expenses for chapters in the organization and provided chapter directors guidance to upselling and cross selling opportunities.
Consulting Firm Washington DC 2007 - 2008
- Facilitated meetings to understand the current operational processes of nursing departments and implemented the business intelligence tools for 6 diverse hospitals across the US.
- Solved complex health care data related issues within the designated deadlines to keep projects on track.
- Analyzed the results of completed modules of the 6 business intelligence project implementations to ensure product quality.
Consulting Firm, Philadelphia PA. 2002 - 2007
Senior Benefits Analyst
- Implemented and tested over 10 benefit calculation quality assurance projects for 2 Fortune 500 clients. Surpassed client's implementation goals and deadlines by an average of 2 weeks on each of these projects.
- Wrote complex systems requirements, technical specifications, and functional specifications to help implement benefit plans for new clients.
- Led and mentored a group of 3 new Benefits Analysts to perform the quality assurance of pension plans after an internal reorg to keep the projects within time and budget.
TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
CFA ( Charted Financial Analyst - Level 1 Candidate )
Entrepreneurship Certificate from the Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship of University of Maryland
LANGUAGES: English: primary Mandarin: learning Korean: learning Indonesian: learning Sinhalese: native Tamil: native
US Citizen with International Travel Experience